Last Updated: September 21, 2023
Information We Collect
Our Site collects personal information that you provide to us directly (for instance, when you complete our surveys or when you make a request for more information). When you submit information to us, we may collect personal information such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, donation information (such as your tokenized credit card number from your payment processor, demographic data, and professional details (such as organization name).
In addition to information you submit to us through the Site, we and our vendors may obtain information about visitors to our Site using automated tracking technologies, like cookies. Tracking technologies may collect information such as IP address, device ID, pages visited, the content you interact with, and the time of the visit. Generally, these tracking technologies are used to run our Site, optimize functionality, personalize content for you, collect analytics about visitors, and to facilitate marketing and targeted advertising.
We may use certain third-party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We have implemented Google Analytics Advertising features on the Site (including interest-based advertising, audience targeting, demographics and interests reporting, device reporting, display advertising, and video ads reporting). For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit: http://www.google.com/settings/ads and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference signal that may allow you to opt out of online tracking. Currently, our Site does not respond to DNT signals. You may be able to adjust the settings on your browser to limit cookies and other trackers. If you do limit cookies, you may not be able to access or use certain portions of the Site and/or certain offerings on the Site may not function as intended.
Please note that we or external parties may combine certain tracking technology information with other information we obtain about you and may track your online activities over time and across different devices and online services.
Use and Disclosure of Information We Collect
We collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process your personal information for various purposes, including the following:
- To provide you various services including, to process donations, address your inquiries, provide customer service, provide you with information about us, our events, or other information in which we believe may be of interest to you, and to provide you with content according to these preferences including through advertising
- To analyze trends and conduct research to learn more about our users
- To correlate information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in our outreach effort
- To analyze and track traffic patterns and Site usage
- To tailor and improve your experience on our Site
- To protect the security and reliability of our Site
- To meet our legal obligations, work with law enforcement, to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, to assist in investigations to prevent fraud or other harms, to enforce our rights or agreements with other parties
- For other purposes, as described at the time of collection of your personal information
We may disclose personal information we obtain through the Site to our affiliates, partners, and agents, as well as to our vendors who perform services on our behalf. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to certain external parties, including:
- Business Transactions. We may disclose your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business assets (e.g., further to a merger, reorganization, liquidation, bankruptcy, or any other business transaction), including negotiations of such transactions.
- Legal and Safety Purposes. We may disclose your personal information as required or appropriate for legal compliance purposes, for example, to law enforcement, government authorities, regulatory bodies, or other parties in order to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in investigations to prevent fraud or other harms, to enforce our terms, this Policy, or agreements with third parties.
Links to Other Online Services
Our Site may include links or otherwise provide access to other websites or online services for your convenience. These other websites may have their own privacy policies which we encourage you to review to learn more about those websites’ privacy practices. Please note that this Policy does not apply to the practices of companies and websites that we do not own or control.
If you prefer no longer to receive marketing emails from us, you may opt out by using the unsubscribe link located in our emails. Please note that even if you opt out of marketing or promotional emails, we may still send you transactional or informational emails.
We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we obtain through the Site from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site.
Changes to This Policy
From time to time, we may amend this Policy to reflect changes in our business or data collection practices. We will indicate such changes by revising the “Last updated” date above.